THE PANDARAZZI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The forum for Project Panda

GalleryHomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» NEW images of Metal and Wood tribe cubs!!
DISCUSSION TODAY OF TRIBE NAMES TAKES PLACE HERE EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 8:50 am by Admin

» WOOD TRIBE CUB IMAGES,ARTICLES AND VIDEO
DISCUSSION TODAY OF TRIBE NAMES TAKES PLACE HERE EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 8:19 am by Admin

» METAL TRIBE CUB IMAGES,ARTICLES AND VIDEO
DISCUSSION TODAY OF TRIBE NAMES TAKES PLACE HERE EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 10:40 pm by Admin

» Glad to be here
DISCUSSION TODAY OF TRIBE NAMES TAKES PLACE HERE EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 10:34 pm by Admin

» Panda Puffs Cereal!!
DISCUSSION TODAY OF TRIBE NAMES TAKES PLACE HERE EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 9:01 pm by Catherine

» CONGRATULATIONS PROUD CUB PARENTS!!!
DISCUSSION TODAY OF TRIBE NAMES TAKES PLACE HERE EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 5:01 pm by Lois

» DISCUSSION TODAY OF TRIBE NAMES TAKES PLACE HERE
DISCUSSION TODAY OF TRIBE NAMES TAKES PLACE HERE EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 12:52 pm by Admin

» WOOD TRIBE CUB NAME .... is "Xiao Hua" or Little Flower
DISCUSSION TODAY OF TRIBE NAMES TAKES PLACE HERE EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 10:22 am by Admin

» METAL TRIBE CUB NAME is...."Jin Xin" or "Heart of Gold"
DISCUSSION TODAY OF TRIBE NAMES TAKES PLACE HERE EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 10:17 am by Admin

» Record breaking twins born in Chengdu
DISCUSSION TODAY OF TRIBE NAMES TAKES PLACE HERE EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 11:06 am by Admin

» VOTING IS COMPLETE....READ ON
DISCUSSION TODAY OF TRIBE NAMES TAKES PLACE HERE EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 10:57 am by Admin

» WATER TRIBE CUB NAME..FINAL VOTE...TRIBE MEMBERS ONLY
DISCUSSION TODAY OF TRIBE NAMES TAKES PLACE HERE EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 11:25 am by Admin

» New Atlanta cub born tonite to Lun Lun..8/30/08...panda cam
DISCUSSION TODAY OF TRIBE NAMES TAKES PLACE HERE EmptySat Aug 30, 2008 8:40 pm by Admin

» MANY THANKS TO SANDRA!!!!
DISCUSSION TODAY OF TRIBE NAMES TAKES PLACE HERE EmptySat Aug 30, 2008 6:08 pm by Admin

» WATER TRIBE CUB IMAGES,ARTICLES AND VIDEO
DISCUSSION TODAY OF TRIBE NAMES TAKES PLACE HERE EmptySat Aug 30, 2008 8:12 am by Admin

Forum
VISIT THE DAILY CHAT FORUM

DISCUSSION TODAY OF TRIBE NAMES TAKES PLACE HERE

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Mama Bear
Admin

DISCUSSION TODAY OF TRIBE NAMES TAKES PLACE HERE Empty
PostSubject: DISCUSSION TODAY OF TRIBE NAMES TAKES PLACE HERE   DISCUSSION TODAY OF TRIBE NAMES TAKES PLACE HERE EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 11:35 pm

DISCUSSION TODAY OF TRIBE NAMES TAKES PLACE HERE CUBDATE

READ THIS FIRST

Discussion regarding Adoption Tribes final cub name choices will take place AT THIS THREAD

THIS IS NOT A VOTE...JUST A PLACE FOR MULLING OVER A COUPLE OF MANDARIN NAME CHOICES THAT WE WERE GIVEN FOR 2 OF THE TRIBES LISTED BELOW

MEMBERS WILL HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY UNTIL
1:00 PM PST,THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 4 (thats today)

TO DISCUSS THE NAMES AND MAKE ANY POSSIBLE CHANGES. AFTER THAT THE NAMES WILL BE SENT TO SUZANNE THIS AFTERNOON AS FINAL CHOICES.

These are the winning names from the final vote so we are basically discussing the Mandarin translation choices for the FIRE TRIBE members and WATER TRIBE members

Thanks so much for your help!!

PANDA HUGS!
Sandra

Hello all!!

Well after much tossing around of names between Pandas International, and the Panda Club in China and the help of one of our tribe members Chet Chin, we now have narrowed our cub names down and have the official okie dokie from Suzanne that these names are good representations of our tribe elements.

FIRE TRIBE - "Yan Yan" Eternal Flame

WATER TRIBE- "Jing Shui" Peaceful Water

WOOD TRIBE - "Xiao Hua" Little Flower

METAL TRIBE- "Jin Xin" Heart of Gold

I know this is not a lot of notice but I promised Suzanne I would have our end of things complete by tomorrow and will send her the final names so we can get the adoptions rolling. I love ALL of the names and so did PI and the Panda Club....Thank you so much Chet for your valuable input as well!!!

NOTE FOR THE FIRE TRIBE: we do have a panda at the Atlanta Zoo called Yang Yang with a "g" at the end but the panda club in China tells me "Yan Yan" is a very special name used with fondness in their country. Our alternative is Yon Yan which has a slightly more "Olympic" connotation along with the fire element

NOTE FOR THE WATER TRIBE: Jing Shui can also be Ping Shui . The panda club suggested using Jing so that is why I wrote it in that way.

Last edited by Admin on Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:54 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://graffitijewelry.com
Admin
Mama Bear
Admin

PostSubject: Re: DISCUSSION TODAY OF TRIBE NAMES TAKES PLACE HERE   DISCUSSION TODAY OF TRIBE NAMES TAKES PLACE HERE EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 12:19 am

Sooooooo basically if you are a member of the Water Tribe and Fire tribe and happy with the names I worked out with PI , Chet and the Panda Club, you really don't need to do anything but pat yourself on the back for a job well done.

If you have a suggestion from the fire tribe or WAter tribe as to how to improve the Mandarin name this is your chance.

The Metal and Wood tribes had their Mandarin names already in place at the time of the final vote so those 2 cub names are finalized

Thanks guys!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sarah S
CUB
10-24 posts

CUB  10-24 posts
Sarah S

PostSubject: Re: DISCUSSION TODAY OF TRIBE NAMES TAKES PLACE HERE   DISCUSSION TODAY OF TRIBE NAMES TAKES PLACE HERE EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 8:10 am

Wow guys! What a fantastic list of names we came up with! How exciting that the babies are almost official too!

GREAT JOB GUYS AND GALS! Woo hoo!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.concreteandgrace.com
bow'tai'ed
CUB
10-24 posts

CUB  10-24 posts
bow'tai'ed

PostSubject: Re: DISCUSSION TODAY OF TRIBE NAMES TAKES PLACE HERE   DISCUSSION TODAY OF TRIBE NAMES TAKES PLACE HERE EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 8:36 am

They sound WONDERFUL to me!!! So exciting! playball
Back to top Go down
http://springvalleyhearingctr.com
Admin
Mama Bear
Admin

PostSubject: Re: DISCUSSION TODAY OF TRIBE NAMES TAKES PLACE HERE   DISCUSSION TODAY OF TRIBE NAMES TAKES PLACE HERE EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 10:11 am

Thanks for stopping in Sarah and Elise!! Boy I'll tell ya coming up with Bao Shi's name took me months and I am impressed that we were able to get this accomplished in two votes!!

The Mandarin names came out all very nice and each unique from one another too so we can tell them apart in conversations.

I must have had at least 20 emails back and forth with the experts on the naming of these babies. Mandarin is such a fascinating language with multiple choices for most translations on an English name.

Thank you again to The Panda Club in China , Pandas International and Chet Chin, AND my son who studied Mandarin AND all of the tribe members for a job well done!!!
Back to top Go down
phyllovestai
BEAR-LY THERE

PostSubject: Re: DISCUSSION TODAY OF TRIBE NAMES TAKES PLACE HERE   DISCUSSION TODAY OF TRIBE NAMES TAKES PLACE HERE EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 12:37 pm

I like Jing instead of Ping for our water tribe baby...other than that, I am VERY pleased!!!
P pandahearts
Back to top Go down
Admin
Mama Bear
Admin

PostSubject: Re: DISCUSSION TODAY OF TRIBE NAMES TAKES PLACE HERE   DISCUSSION TODAY OF TRIBE NAMES TAKES PLACE HERE EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 12:52 pm

HI There Phyl!!

Glad to see you today!!! I am also liking "Jing Shui" . The panda club was very enthusiastic about that translation describing her water element and the "peaceful" aspect too
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DISCUSSION TODAY OF TRIBE NAMES TAKES PLACE HERE   DISCUSSION TODAY OF TRIBE NAMES TAKES PLACE HERE Empty

Back to top Go down

DISCUSSION TODAY OF TRIBE NAMES TAKES PLACE HERE
Page 1 of 1