THE PANDARAZZI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The forum for Project Panda

GalleryHomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» NEW images of Metal and Wood tribe cubs!!
WATER TRIBE CUB NAME..FINAL VOTE...TRIBE MEMBERS ONLY EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 8:50 am by Admin

» WOOD TRIBE CUB IMAGES,ARTICLES AND VIDEO
WATER TRIBE CUB NAME..FINAL VOTE...TRIBE MEMBERS ONLY EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 8:19 am by Admin

» METAL TRIBE CUB IMAGES,ARTICLES AND VIDEO
WATER TRIBE CUB NAME..FINAL VOTE...TRIBE MEMBERS ONLY EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 10:40 pm by Admin

» Glad to be here
WATER TRIBE CUB NAME..FINAL VOTE...TRIBE MEMBERS ONLY EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 10:34 pm by Admin

» Panda Puffs Cereal!!
WATER TRIBE CUB NAME..FINAL VOTE...TRIBE MEMBERS ONLY EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 9:01 pm by Catherine

» CONGRATULATIONS PROUD CUB PARENTS!!!
WATER TRIBE CUB NAME..FINAL VOTE...TRIBE MEMBERS ONLY EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 5:01 pm by Lois

» DISCUSSION TODAY OF TRIBE NAMES TAKES PLACE HERE
WATER TRIBE CUB NAME..FINAL VOTE...TRIBE MEMBERS ONLY EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 12:52 pm by Admin

» WOOD TRIBE CUB NAME .... is "Xiao Hua" or Little Flower
WATER TRIBE CUB NAME..FINAL VOTE...TRIBE MEMBERS ONLY EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 10:22 am by Admin

» METAL TRIBE CUB NAME is...."Jin Xin" or "Heart of Gold"
WATER TRIBE CUB NAME..FINAL VOTE...TRIBE MEMBERS ONLY EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 10:17 am by Admin

» Record breaking twins born in Chengdu
WATER TRIBE CUB NAME..FINAL VOTE...TRIBE MEMBERS ONLY EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 11:06 am by Admin

» VOTING IS COMPLETE....READ ON
WATER TRIBE CUB NAME..FINAL VOTE...TRIBE MEMBERS ONLY EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 10:57 am by Admin

» WATER TRIBE CUB NAME..FINAL VOTE...TRIBE MEMBERS ONLY
WATER TRIBE CUB NAME..FINAL VOTE...TRIBE MEMBERS ONLY EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 11:25 am by Admin

» New Atlanta cub born tonite to Lun Lun..8/30/08...panda cam
WATER TRIBE CUB NAME..FINAL VOTE...TRIBE MEMBERS ONLY EmptySat Aug 30, 2008 8:40 pm by Admin

» MANY THANKS TO SANDRA!!!!
WATER TRIBE CUB NAME..FINAL VOTE...TRIBE MEMBERS ONLY EmptySat Aug 30, 2008 6:08 pm by Admin

» WATER TRIBE CUB IMAGES,ARTICLES AND VIDEO
WATER TRIBE CUB NAME..FINAL VOTE...TRIBE MEMBERS ONLY EmptySat Aug 30, 2008 8:12 am by Admin

Forum
VISIT THE DAILY CHAT FORUM

WATER TRIBE CUB NAME..FINAL VOTE...TRIBE MEMBERS ONLY

Go down 
2 posters

WATER TRIBE MEMBERS ONLY...VOTE FOR ONE
Yin Shui -loosely trans. peaceful water
WATER TRIBE CUB NAME..FINAL VOTE...TRIBE MEMBERS ONLY Vote_lcap57%WATER TRIBE CUB NAME..FINAL VOTE...TRIBE MEMBERS ONLY Vote_rcap
 57% [ 4 ]
Xiao Shui-loosely trans. Little Drop of Water
WATER TRIBE CUB NAME..FINAL VOTE...TRIBE MEMBERS ONLY Vote_lcap43%WATER TRIBE CUB NAME..FINAL VOTE...TRIBE MEMBERS ONLY Vote_rcap
 43% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 7

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Admin
Mama Bear
Admin

WATER TRIBE CUB NAME..FINAL VOTE...TRIBE MEMBERS ONLY Empty
PostSubject: WATER TRIBE CUB NAME..FINAL VOTE...TRIBE MEMBERS ONLY   WATER TRIBE CUB NAME..FINAL VOTE...TRIBE MEMBERS ONLY EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 8:32 pm

PLEASE CHECK BELOW TO FIND OUT MORE DETAILS ON EACH INDIVIDUAL CUB NAME SUGGESTION FOR THE WATER TRIBE

IT IS NOW TIME TO DO OUR FINAL VOTE FOR YOUR WATER TRIBE PANDA CUB NAME

KEEP IN MIND YOUR CUBS WOOD ELEMENT WHEN CHOOSING THE NAME

PLEASE FIND YOUR TRIBE POLL ABOVE AND VOTE ONLY FOR YOUR OWN TRIBE. POLLING CLOSES FOR THIS PRELIMINARY VOTE AT MIDNIGHT MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 1, 2008

SOME OF THESE NAMES ARE VERY LOOSELY TRANSLATED AND WILL NEED HELP FROM OUR RESIDENT EXPERT CHET AFTER THE VOTING IS COMPLETED ( IF SHE DOESN'T MIND ) AND ALSO CONFER WITH SUZANNE AT PI

YOUR DESIGNATED CUB IS THE ONLY SINGLE GIRL BORN TO THE WOLONG MOTHERS THIS YEAR. KEEP YOUR CUBS TRIBE ELEMENT OF "WATER" IN MIND WHEN YOU ARE MAKING YOUR DECISIONS FOR NAMES.

[/color]

-----------------------------------
WATER TRIBE....singleton female born to Ying Ying on July 13th, 2008. Flowing water is Yang (female) aligned. Water's innate ability to pool around any and every object bring stability and equalization to surrounding energies. Water energies help us let go of things that are no longer in our best interests. This endangered species needs this little girls special calming energies to induce positive thoughts and straightforward thinking in how to keep our pandas thriving for generations to come!!
------------------------------------

WATER TRIBE CUB NAME..FINAL VOTE...TRIBE MEMBERS ONLY Yingyi10

I AM GOING TO LIST ALL SUGGESTIONS FOR THE WATER TRIBE ON ONE POST..FEEL FREE TO COMMENT BY CLICKING ON "REPLY"

THE SUGGESTIONS WILL BE ANONYMOUS FOR THE TIME BEING
THIS IS THE FIRST I'VE LOOKED AT THE WHOLE LIST..GREAT STUFF YOU GUYS...KEEP EM COMING!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Q.1

ENTER YOUR WATER TRIBE CUB NAME SUGGESTION HERE
"still, deep water" in Chinese; my Chinese neighbor is translating
Q.2

If you wish, elaborate on why you chose this name
Heard it on the radio, thought it was fitting for a panda and for this tribe

Q.1

Little Drop of Water
Q.2

Each of us is like a little drop of water in the grand scheme of the world.

Q.1

Peaceful Tranquility
Q.2

No Response

Q.1

Shining Oasis
Q.2

No Response

Q.1

Jade Sea
Q.2

No Response

Q.1

Pure Ice
Q.2

No Response

Q.1

Mountain Mist
Q.2

I will always remember the misty mountains of Wolong where the pandas live.

Last edited by Admin on Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:17 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://graffitijewelry.com
LindaW
CUB
10-24 posts

CUB  10-24 posts
LindaW

PostSubject: Re: WATER TRIBE CUB NAME..FINAL VOTE...TRIBE MEMBERS ONLY   WATER TRIBE CUB NAME..FINAL VOTE...TRIBE MEMBERS ONLY EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 5:51 pm

Hi Sandra,
I was the one who suggested "still deep water" and got back to you with the Chinese for this. I didn't keep the paper. Do you still have it by any chance? It was a nice name in Chinese; I didn't intend for it to be in English.
Linda
Back to top Go down
http://web.mac.com/lmwroth/iWeb/Site/China%20trip.html
Admin
Mama Bear
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WATER TRIBE CUB NAME..FINAL VOTE...TRIBE MEMBERS ONLY   WATER TRIBE CUB NAME..FINAL VOTE...TRIBE MEMBERS ONLY EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 6:49 pm

Hi Linda!

I did see on your submitted name suggestion on the original poll that you were asking your neighbor for the translation but don't recollect getting the Chinese name. I may have missed the email you sent or just can't remember getting it. It gets crazy here sometimes and I just need a kick start to remind me..lol

Do you remember about when it was sent to me and then I can search again for it. If not I'll check with Chet on the translation and add to the English version.

For now maybe you can remember going to these links what the combination of words was.

THIS LINK HAS THE TRANSLATIONS FOR "STILL"
http://www.mandarintools.com/cgi-bin/wordlook.pl?word=still&searchtype=chinese&where=whole&audio=on

THIS LINK HAS THE TRANSLATIONS FOR "DEEP"
http://www.mandarintools.com/cgi-bin/wordlook.pl?word=DEEP&searchtype=chinese&where=whole&audio=on

THIS LINK HAS THE TRANSLATIONS FOR "WATER"
http://www.mandarintools.com/cgi-bin/wordlook.pl?word=WATER&searchtype=chinese&where=whole&audio=on

Thanks for the heads up....we will be doing translations on any of the final 2 choices for sure. Mandarin is so unique in that you can translate each set of words a number of ways in many cases.

Big hugs
Sandra
Back to top Go down
Admin
Mama Bear
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WATER TRIBE CUB NAME..FINAL VOTE...TRIBE MEMBERS ONLY   WATER TRIBE CUB NAME..FINAL VOTE...TRIBE MEMBERS ONLY EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 3:34 pm

TIME TO VOTE...FIND YOUR NEW POLL FOR THE FINAL CUB NAMING VOTE AT THE TOP OF THIS POST.

VOTING WILL STOP ON MIDNIGHT MONDAY SEPTEMBER 1, 2008
Back to top Go down
Admin
Mama Bear
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WATER TRIBE CUB NAME..FINAL VOTE...TRIBE MEMBERS ONLY   WATER TRIBE CUB NAME..FINAL VOTE...TRIBE MEMBERS ONLY EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 11:25 am

Hi Water Tribe,

As of Monday Sept. 1 we have 5 votes cast on the ballot above for your cub name. If you would like to help make the choice for your baby's name come on in and cast your vote before midnight

THANK YOU

ps..be sure to log in first
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WATER TRIBE CUB NAME..FINAL VOTE...TRIBE MEMBERS ONLY   WATER TRIBE CUB NAME..FINAL VOTE...TRIBE MEMBERS ONLY Empty

Back to top Go down

WATER TRIBE CUB NAME..FINAL VOTE...TRIBE MEMBERS ONLY
Page 1 of 1