THE PANDARAZZI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The forum for Project Panda

GalleryHomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» NEW images of Metal and Wood tribe cubs!!
Tai Shan necklace and earring set...silent auction donation EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 8:50 am by Admin

» WOOD TRIBE CUB IMAGES,ARTICLES AND VIDEO
Tai Shan necklace and earring set...silent auction donation EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 8:19 am by Admin

» METAL TRIBE CUB IMAGES,ARTICLES AND VIDEO
Tai Shan necklace and earring set...silent auction donation EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 10:40 pm by Admin

» Glad to be here
Tai Shan necklace and earring set...silent auction donation EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 10:34 pm by Admin

» Panda Puffs Cereal!!
Tai Shan necklace and earring set...silent auction donation EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 9:01 pm by Catherine

» CONGRATULATIONS PROUD CUB PARENTS!!!
Tai Shan necklace and earring set...silent auction donation EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 5:01 pm by Lois

» DISCUSSION TODAY OF TRIBE NAMES TAKES PLACE HERE
Tai Shan necklace and earring set...silent auction donation EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 12:52 pm by Admin

» WOOD TRIBE CUB NAME .... is "Xiao Hua" or Little Flower
Tai Shan necklace and earring set...silent auction donation EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 10:22 am by Admin

» METAL TRIBE CUB NAME is...."Jin Xin" or "Heart of Gold"
Tai Shan necklace and earring set...silent auction donation EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 10:17 am by Admin

» Record breaking twins born in Chengdu
Tai Shan necklace and earring set...silent auction donation EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 11:06 am by Admin

» VOTING IS COMPLETE....READ ON
Tai Shan necklace and earring set...silent auction donation EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 10:57 am by Admin

» WATER TRIBE CUB NAME..FINAL VOTE...TRIBE MEMBERS ONLY
Tai Shan necklace and earring set...silent auction donation EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 11:25 am by Admin

» New Atlanta cub born tonite to Lun Lun..8/30/08...panda cam
Tai Shan necklace and earring set...silent auction donation EmptySat Aug 30, 2008 8:40 pm by Admin

» MANY THANKS TO SANDRA!!!!
Tai Shan necklace and earring set...silent auction donation EmptySat Aug 30, 2008 6:08 pm by Admin

» WATER TRIBE CUB IMAGES,ARTICLES AND VIDEO
Tai Shan necklace and earring set...silent auction donation EmptySat Aug 30, 2008 8:12 am by Admin

Forum
VISIT THE DAILY CHAT FORUM

Tai Shan necklace and earring set...silent auction donation

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Mama Bear
Admin

Tai Shan necklace and earring set...silent auction donation Empty
PostSubject: Tai Shan necklace and earring set...silent auction donation   Tai Shan necklace and earring set...silent auction donation EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 9:44 pm

Hi everyone!! Sorry for being such a stranger the past couple of days. I've been immersed in this project I wanted to show those of you who aren't members of Pandas Unlimited.

Coming soon in July is Tai Shan's 3rd birthday at the National Zoo in DC and I am going to be one of the guest speakers . Finally I get to meet Tai and all the awesome PU members I have gotten to know over the past 2 years.

One of the fun things that is happening at the Birthday dinner at the zoo is a silent auction. I donated a number of items I brought home from Chengdu as well as a few of my own creations. Only attendees of the dinner will be able to bid on the auction items donated by so many generous members!!

The artwork on this one of a kind pendant was inspired by a photo by somesai@flicker. Her sensitive portrayal of the National zoo's panda boy named Tai Shan gave me such incredible inspiration to created a piece that not only captures Tai's personallity, but his timeless and classic beauty that only a panda can possess.

The gemstones include all finds from my recent trip to Thailand and China. All of these stones were with me in Chengdu in February!!!

The pendant measures 2 3/4" wide and the necklace is adjustable from 17-20" long. It looks just as good with faded denim and a t shirt as it does with that "little black dress"

Stones include genuine turquoise, hand faceted blue quartz rounds, Hand carved black onyx matte finished long beads, Czech vintage black glass beads, sterling chain, Thai hilltribe flower charm as a neck tickler and handmade lampwork beads in a wonderful two tone combination

Tai Shan necklace and earring set...silent auction donation 2592178954_85e483640f

Tai Shan necklace and earring set...silent auction donation 2593747405_7e600e9b14

Tai Shan necklace and earring set...silent auction donation 2593746771_2dda8c0d0e

Tai Shan necklace and earring set...silent auction donation 2593745645_d0d3092ca8
Back to top Go down
http://graffitijewelry.com
Catherine
CUB
10-24 posts

CUB  10-24 posts
Catherine

PostSubject: Re: Tai Shan necklace and earring set...silent auction donation   Tai Shan necklace and earring set...silent auction donation EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 9:50 pm

LOVE it!! Sandy it's amazing! The pendant is just perfect. pandahearts
Back to top Go down
Sarah S
CUB
10-24 posts

CUB  10-24 posts
Sarah S

PostSubject: Re: Tai Shan necklace and earring set...silent auction donation   Tai Shan necklace and earring set...silent auction donation EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 8:29 pm

OMG Sandy! You've outdone yourself, the Panda-nt is PERFECT and I'm sure it will fetch a pretty penny at the auction!

I want to hear more about your speaking at Tai Shan's 3rd birthday!!!! That's so very exciting!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.concreteandgrace.com
Admin
Mama Bear
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tai Shan necklace and earring set...silent auction donation   Tai Shan necklace and earring set...silent auction donation EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 9:30 am

Thank you so much Cathy and Sarah!!! Yes, Panda's Unlimited (via our awesome tribe member Elise) invited me to give a talk and slideshow about my trips to China and the Panda Base!!!

I did my very first Power point presentation and will post it here after I return. It' turned out really cute if I do say so myself.. blink

We are starting out in the Nort heast where Steve and I will be judging a Chow specialty, then on to NYC to take in some Broadway shows, hopping on more trains and subways to get to DC so I can finally meet Tai Shan and all the awesome PU folks who live there. In the evening is the dinner and auction.

This is a 7 day trip with a carry on for my clothes (too many trains for a big suitcase) and my camera bag which is bigger than my clothes bag..lol

I'll fill ya in more as the time gets closer!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://graffitijewelry.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tai Shan necklace and earring set...silent auction donation   Tai Shan necklace and earring set...silent auction donation Empty

Back to top Go down

Tai Shan necklace and earring set...silent auction donation
Page 1 of 1