THE PANDARAZZI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The forum for Project Panda

GalleryHomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» NEW images of Metal and Wood tribe cubs!!
YOUR CUBBIES HAVE BEEN  CHOSEN! EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 8:50 am by Admin

» WOOD TRIBE CUB IMAGES,ARTICLES AND VIDEO
YOUR CUBBIES HAVE BEEN  CHOSEN! EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 8:19 am by Admin

» METAL TRIBE CUB IMAGES,ARTICLES AND VIDEO
YOUR CUBBIES HAVE BEEN  CHOSEN! EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 10:40 pm by Admin

» Glad to be here
YOUR CUBBIES HAVE BEEN  CHOSEN! EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 10:34 pm by Admin

» Panda Puffs Cereal!!
YOUR CUBBIES HAVE BEEN  CHOSEN! EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 9:01 pm by Catherine

» CONGRATULATIONS PROUD CUB PARENTS!!!
YOUR CUBBIES HAVE BEEN  CHOSEN! EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 5:01 pm by Lois

» DISCUSSION TODAY OF TRIBE NAMES TAKES PLACE HERE
YOUR CUBBIES HAVE BEEN  CHOSEN! EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 12:52 pm by Admin

» WOOD TRIBE CUB NAME .... is "Xiao Hua" or Little Flower
YOUR CUBBIES HAVE BEEN  CHOSEN! EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 10:22 am by Admin

» METAL TRIBE CUB NAME is...."Jin Xin" or "Heart of Gold"
YOUR CUBBIES HAVE BEEN  CHOSEN! EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 10:17 am by Admin

» Record breaking twins born in Chengdu
YOUR CUBBIES HAVE BEEN  CHOSEN! EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 11:06 am by Admin

» VOTING IS COMPLETE....READ ON
YOUR CUBBIES HAVE BEEN  CHOSEN! EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 10:57 am by Admin

» WATER TRIBE CUB NAME..FINAL VOTE...TRIBE MEMBERS ONLY
YOUR CUBBIES HAVE BEEN  CHOSEN! EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 11:25 am by Admin

» New Atlanta cub born tonite to Lun Lun..8/30/08...panda cam
YOUR CUBBIES HAVE BEEN  CHOSEN! EmptySat Aug 30, 2008 8:40 pm by Admin

» MANY THANKS TO SANDRA!!!!
YOUR CUBBIES HAVE BEEN  CHOSEN! EmptySat Aug 30, 2008 6:08 pm by Admin

» WATER TRIBE CUB IMAGES,ARTICLES AND VIDEO
YOUR CUBBIES HAVE BEEN  CHOSEN! EmptySat Aug 30, 2008 8:12 am by Admin

Forum
VISIT THE DAILY CHAT FORUM

YOUR CUBBIES HAVE BEEN CHOSEN!

Go down 
+3
Lois
Kathi M
Admin
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Mama Bear
Admin

YOUR CUBBIES HAVE BEEN  CHOSEN! Empty
PostSubject: YOUR CUBBIES HAVE BEEN CHOSEN!   YOUR CUBBIES HAVE BEEN  CHOSEN! EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 10:42 am

YOUR CUBBIES HAVE BEEN  CHOSEN! CUBDATE
YOUR CUBBIES HAVE BEEN  CHOSEN! 2754862151_a5390bde8e

Hi everyone!!!

Hope you all have been having a fantastic summer!!! I just returned from a very busy month on the east coast then at my mom's in Minnesota for 2 weeks and have some FANTASTIC news unfolding for all the ADOPTION TRIBE MEMBERS!!

If you have been following the email updates you have been receiving from Pandas International, you would have seen in the most recent update the announcement of 10 cubs born to the Wolong mothers who are relocated at another panda breeding center in China!

I have sent in my request to Pandas International my choices for our 4 babies and am awaiting the reply from Suzanne. Because they are all under one month old there is still a chance a baby could not thrive so we will not be assigning cubs to tribes until they are past the 8 week critical phase...bu t we are getting SO close to the official adoptions!!!

To give you a teaser of what your babies look like, here they are on the Today Show today....the little pink ones!!!! We will add this video to our virtual "baby books" on http://pandarazzi.com which will be a fun way to log our babies' progress. I also have newborn pix of the 4, that I have in mind for our choices which is part of the reason I selected them.....it's nice for all of our adoption tribes to have pix of their babies from the start!!! I will post those pix on Pandarazzi this week

ADOPTION TRIBE MEMBERS....CLICK BELOW TO SEE A PREVIEW OF SOME OF OUR NEWBORN CUBS ON THE TODAY SHOW

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/26327804#26327804

Last edited by Admin on Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:25 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://graffitijewelry.com
Kathi M
BABY BEAR
5-9 posts

BABY BEAR 5-9 posts

PostSubject: Re: YOUR CUBBIES HAVE BEEN CHOSEN!   YOUR CUBBIES HAVE BEEN  CHOSEN! EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 4:08 pm

The pandas are so cute the four you picked for the adoption are just adorable. Which ever ones you pick for each tribe is fine with me. I feel honored just to part of this great adoption. Kathi M
Back to top Go down
Admin
Mama Bear
Admin

PostSubject: Re: YOUR CUBBIES HAVE BEEN CHOSEN!   YOUR CUBBIES HAVE BEEN  CHOSEN! EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 4:20 pm

Here is the second newsletter I sent to you all with news of the actual cubs we are tenatively adopting.

OK GUYS...after much deliberating and tossing around cubbies (well not literally..lol) .....I have chosen the 4 babies we will be adopting with the help of Suzanne Braden at Pandas International.

I am still waiting to get word back on my most recent reply to her but wanted to throw these by you all to make sure this is ok with everyone.

We will do a drawing to determine which tribe gets which cub to keep it fair. You have no idea how lucky we all are to have possibly the first choice on these babies born in 2008!!! It is a great honor to work with Pandas International and the Breeding Center. What fun we will be having in the upcoming months!!

So DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here are our 4 kids:

OUR FIRST TWO BABIES ARE TWINS...one boy and one girl born to Guo Guo who was the first of the Wolong evacuated mommies to give birth. She had a lot of tv coverage regarding her babies.

INFO ON THE TWINS
DATE OF BIRTH....July 6th
BORN AT Bifengxia-

Mother Guo Guo
Was born
9-14-96 to
Mom Jia Jia who is now at Ocean Park in Hong Kong
Dad Xin Xing

No1, female
No2, male

SEE THE VIDEO OF GUO GUO GIVING BIRTH
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2008/07/080707-panda-video-ap.html

YOUR CUBBIES HAVE BEEN  CHOSEN! Guoguonewborn
-----------------------------------------------------------
OUR THIRD CHOICE IS THE ONLY SINGLE FEMALE BORN to a Wolong female....she will be a real diva I can guarantee!!!! Especially when they are old enough to be let out into the kindergarten!! She will kick the boy's butts...lol

BORN July 13th
BORN AT Bifengxia-

Mother is Ying Ying
A grandmother who’s daughter is You You
Single baby
female

YOUR CUBBIES HAVE BEEN  CHOSEN! Yingyingnewborn
-----------------------------------------------------------
AND OUR FOURTH CUBBIE IS THE ONE AND ONLY SINGLE BABY BORN ON THE SPECIAL DATE OF 8/8/08...THE VERY AUSPICIOUS DAY IN CHINESE HISTORY THAT THE OLYMPICS STARTED!!!!

HE IS THE ONLY ONE OF MY CHOICES WHO IS ALREADY NAMED "OLYMPIAN" BUT SUZANNE SAYS THE TRIBE WILL BE ALLOWED TO GIVE HIM A NICKNAME WHICH THE STAFF USES

BORN ON Aug 8th
BORN AT Bifengxia

Fei Fei also born in August is 8 years old has twins born in August 06
Single
male

This baby boy has twin siblings born in August of 06

Olympic Baby as born on 8-8-08
Very lucky day

Here are some screen caps I took of this litle boy today from a Chinese news show I figured the tribe that gets him will not be unhappy to have such a famous panda cub even though he has his "official" name already.

CLICK HERE FOR THE VIDEO OF OUR ATHLETIC YOUNG MAN!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1v2tKNFpzew

YOUR CUBBIES HAVE BEEN  CHOSEN! Aoyunn10

PLEASE STOP BY THIS THREAD AT PANDARAZZI TO LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS AND HAND OUT BAMBOO CIGARS!!!!!! WILL LET YOU KNOW MORE AS SOON AS I HEAR BACK FROM SUZANNE!!

Last edited by Admin on Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lois
BABY BEAR
5-9 posts

BABY BEAR 5-9 posts

PostSubject: Re: YOUR CUBBIES HAVE BEEN CHOSEN!   YOUR CUBBIES HAVE BEEN  CHOSEN! EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 4:24 pm

This is such exciting news and on such a wonderful day for me personally...my 25th anniversary! What a fabulous way to celebrate!!! panda2 Lois
Back to top Go down
Admin
Mama Bear
Admin

PostSubject: Re: YOUR CUBBIES HAVE BEEN CHOSEN!   YOUR CUBBIES HAVE BEEN  CHOSEN! EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 4:29 pm

KATHI AND LOIS....THANK YOu for stopping in!!!! OMG Lois Happy Anniversary!!! This is indeed a very special day!!!!! It's like a BEAR-THday in a way!!!

I hope our babies thrive and do well these next few weeks. We will send all our positive energy their way!!!! Good Karma for Kubbies!!!!!!

Big hugs to you both
Sandra
Back to top Go down
Marius
BEAR-LY THERE

PostSubject: Re: YOUR CUBBIES HAVE BEEN CHOSEN!   YOUR CUBBIES HAVE BEEN  CHOSEN! EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 12:11 am

Olympian, possibility to be adopted to the "Fire" Tribe as the olympics are symbolised by the Flame and the 08-08-08 was my daughters 15th birthday !
The chance to adopt any of them is great, and if they happen to be in HongKong, i'll pop out to see them soon !
Regards to all,

Marius
Back to top Go down
Admin
Mama Bear
Admin

PostSubject: Re: YOUR CUBBIES HAVE BEEN CHOSEN!   YOUR CUBBIES HAVE BEEN  CHOSEN! EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 11:13 am

My thoughts for which cub to place which tribe................

As Marius mentioned in his post, there is one very appropriate element for the Olympian born boy (8/8/2008) and that is the Fire Tribe. Now that the babies are chosen I started to look at he Feng Shui elements and reading more about them...........the babies basically "fell" into the arms of their respective tribes ........as though this was just meant to be. Essentially it worked like a "drawing" to determine what adoptees get which cub except this method was less random and more meaningful.

So here is what I have figured out according to the laws of our FENG SHUI Elements

FIRE TRIBE....this is the boy born on the day the olympics started on August 8, 2008 which is a very auspicious day. Fire represents Expansion, Enthusiasm, and Transformation which all describe China and it's new place in the world picture.........which was launched with the Olympics in Beijing.

WATER TRIBE....singleton female born to Ying Ying on July 13th, 2008. Flowing water is Yang (female) aligned. Water's innate ability to pool around any and every object bring stability and equalization to surrounding energies. Water energies help us let go of things that are no longer in our best interests.This endangered species needs this little girls special calming energies to induce positive thoughts and straightforward thinking in how to keep our pandas thriving for generations to come!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
THE GUO GUO TWINS BELOW ARE A PERFECT BALANCE OF YIN AND YANG
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

WOOD TRIBE... This is the female (YIN) from the Guo Guo twins born July 6, 2008. In Feng Shui, wood is balanced with metal (which will be the male of the twins dedicated to the METAL tribe).... It is wood that has the ability to transform from a tiny seed to a towering mosaic of leaves and bark. New growth from total devastation at Wolong , from a mother who was blessed to be able to give birth to twins!!! She is literally in her element with the Wood Tribe

METAL TRIBE...This is the male (YANG) from the Guo Guo twins born July 6, 2008. Metal pulls energy together in a room and is the balancing element for wood (which will be the female of the twins dedicated to the WOOD tribe) . Metal stimulates intellectual abilities while bringing the energy of the room together. Metal is associated with "protection"...all important attributes for a species that needs protecting. He will protect his sister too!

If you all are ok with this method of selection...then we can go ahead with voting for our name choices!!! I will give everyone through the weekend to think of any additional names to add to our list (now that we have real cubs to relate to you may find more ideas)

Next week I will run polls on each of your ADOPTION TRIBE forums to vote. Your vote will be important so please be looking for an email sometime next week announcing when the polling opens.

I'm so excited!!! Suzanne asked to day when we would have names so this is why we need to get the ball rolling. Good thing we already have a stockpile of awesome names ready to go!! Thanks so much you guys for your suggestions!!!

Have a great weekend
Hugs
Sandra
Back to top Go down
Sarah S
CUB
10-24 posts

CUB  10-24 posts
Sarah S

PostSubject: Re: YOUR CUBBIES HAVE BEEN CHOSEN!   YOUR CUBBIES HAVE BEEN  CHOSEN! EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 11:30 am

Oh Sandy! I LOVE this idea about the cubs falling into place into each tribe. They all make MUCH logical sense and I am totally behind your decision. Besides, I can't WAIT to start voting on names! Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.concreteandgrace.com
Admin
Mama Bear
Admin

PostSubject: Re: YOUR CUBBIES HAVE BEEN CHOSEN!   YOUR CUBBIES HAVE BEEN  CHOSEN! EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 11:39 am

Oh SUPER Sarah!! !I'm so glad you like this method. The thing I got to thinking about is I would hate to put a female cub with a male element by mistake with a random drawing. It just would be SO wrong "Feng Shui" wise.

It is funny how I wanted 2 boys and 2 girls for us from the start........and then somehow the elements just spoke to me and things fell into place. I had no idea up front this is how it would turn out.

I hope everyone is happy with their cub choices. Part of my decision making also hinged on the baby photos that Suzanne sent and how I evaluate newborn puppies of all things...lol. A "thrifty" panda baby with good birth weight (I have those here too to post) has got to be just as important as it is in Chow puppies.

SPEAKING of photos...I have a nice surprise to post from one of our tribe members Chet!!! She has pix she took of some of our cubs recently. I need to ask her permission first but she sent them last nite. I was so excited!!!! Thank you Chet!!!
Back to top Go down
Catherine
CUB
10-24 posts

CUB  10-24 posts
Catherine

PostSubject: Re: YOUR CUBBIES HAVE BEEN CHOSEN!   YOUR CUBBIES HAVE BEEN  CHOSEN! EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 3:33 pm

I am fine with whatever cub we get, but I was thinking about the Olympic cub being Metal Tribe for Olympic Gold medals! Just a thought, it doesn't matter to me. They are all amazing!! This is exciting!
playball
Back to top Go down
Admin
Mama Bear
Admin

PostSubject: Re: YOUR CUBBIES HAVE BEEN CHOSEN!   YOUR CUBBIES HAVE BEEN  CHOSEN! EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 3:48 pm

Hi Cathy!!

Yeah......I thought about the gold too until I realized how the twins needed the metal and wood combo to provide a balance of yin and yang. The fire didn't work well with wood according to my research because Fire destroys wood....a great set up for sibling rivalry....lol!.
Back to top Go down
Catherine
CUB
10-24 posts

CUB  10-24 posts
Catherine

PostSubject: Re: YOUR CUBBIES HAVE BEEN CHOSEN!   YOUR CUBBIES HAVE BEEN  CHOSEN! EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 8:21 pm

LOL, I agree, Fire and Wood wouldn't be a good match!
Back to top Go down
diana
BEAR-LY THERE

diana

PostSubject: Re: YOUR CUBBIES HAVE BEEN CHOSEN!   YOUR CUBBIES HAVE BEEN  CHOSEN! EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 2:35 pm

Woo Hoo----I'm so happy we got a strong baby girl for our tribe. I think all your research and the way they were chosen was PERFECT!!!! These babies are so incredibly important for the future of the Panda and I for one am very proud to be part of this venture. Now I'm really getting excited to see what everyone thinks of the names that have been presented and which ones will ultimately be chosen. Hugs to all lovepanda
Back to top Go down
Lois
BABY BEAR
5-9 posts

BABY BEAR 5-9 posts

PostSubject: Re: YOUR CUBBIES HAVE BEEN CHOSEN!   YOUR CUBBIES HAVE BEEN  CHOSEN! EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 3:28 pm

Sandra, I absolutely love how you worked with Feng Shui for the panda babies' tribe designations!!! It's all so very cool! Now the next big excitement will be naming the babies! panda2 Lois
Back to top Go down
Sarah S
CUB
10-24 posts

CUB  10-24 posts
Sarah S

PostSubject: Re: YOUR CUBBIES HAVE BEEN CHOSEN!   YOUR CUBBIES HAVE BEEN  CHOSEN! EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 2:46 pm

You guys (and gals)!!!

The names everyone have suggested for all four cubs are BEAUTIFUL and so meaningful! I love the creativity of this group coupled with the fantastic giving spirit of each and every one of you!

<3 <3 <3
Back to top Go down
http://www.concreteandgrace.com
Admin
Mama Bear
Admin

PostSubject: Re: YOUR CUBBIES HAVE BEEN CHOSEN!   YOUR CUBBIES HAVE BEEN  CHOSEN! EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 3:03 pm

I agree Cathy. They were all well thought out name with so much love and meaning behind them. I am getting so excited!!!

BTW, I managed to get a few screen caps of the Fire Tribes Olympic boy which I posted up with the others at the top of this thread!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: YOUR CUBBIES HAVE BEEN CHOSEN!   YOUR CUBBIES HAVE BEEN  CHOSEN! Empty

Back to top Go down

YOUR CUBBIES HAVE BEEN CHOSEN!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE PANDARAZZI :: PROJECT PANDA 2008 ADOPTION TRIBES :: CUB ADOPTION TRIBE ANNOUNCEMENTS-
Jump to: