THE PANDARAZZI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The forum for Project Panda

GalleryHomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» NEW images of Metal and Wood tribe cubs!!
WATER TRIBE MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 8:50 am by Admin

» WOOD TRIBE CUB IMAGES,ARTICLES AND VIDEO
WATER TRIBE MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 8:19 am by Admin

» METAL TRIBE CUB IMAGES,ARTICLES AND VIDEO
WATER TRIBE MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 10:40 pm by Admin

» Glad to be here
WATER TRIBE MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 10:34 pm by Admin

» Panda Puffs Cereal!!
WATER TRIBE MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 9:01 pm by Catherine

» CONGRATULATIONS PROUD CUB PARENTS!!!
WATER TRIBE MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 5:01 pm by Lois

» DISCUSSION TODAY OF TRIBE NAMES TAKES PLACE HERE
WATER TRIBE MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 12:52 pm by Admin

» WOOD TRIBE CUB NAME .... is "Xiao Hua" or Little Flower
WATER TRIBE MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 10:22 am by Admin

» METAL TRIBE CUB NAME is...."Jin Xin" or "Heart of Gold"
WATER TRIBE MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 10:17 am by Admin

» Record breaking twins born in Chengdu
WATER TRIBE MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 11:06 am by Admin

» VOTING IS COMPLETE....READ ON
WATER TRIBE MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 10:57 am by Admin

» WATER TRIBE CUB NAME..FINAL VOTE...TRIBE MEMBERS ONLY
WATER TRIBE MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 11:25 am by Admin

» New Atlanta cub born tonite to Lun Lun..8/30/08...panda cam
WATER TRIBE MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS EmptySat Aug 30, 2008 8:40 pm by Admin

» MANY THANKS TO SANDRA!!!!
WATER TRIBE MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS EmptySat Aug 30, 2008 6:08 pm by Admin

» WATER TRIBE CUB IMAGES,ARTICLES AND VIDEO
WATER TRIBE MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS EmptySat Aug 30, 2008 8:12 am by Admin

Forum
VISIT THE DAILY CHAT FORUM

WATER TRIBE MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Mama Bear
Admin

WATER TRIBE MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS Empty
PostSubject: WATER TRIBE MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS   WATER TRIBE MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 12:18 pm

1. Sandra Miller Says:
May 22nd, 2008 at 2:11 pm edit

Welcome Water Tribe members!!! This forum is where we will be communicating about our family, our new cub arrival, and just a place to chat and get to know one another.

I would like to encourage all of you to make introductions here for the time being. Thank you all so much for participating….Sandra

2. Diana Says:
May 22nd, 2008 at 5:06 pm edit

Hi All!! I’m so excited about being in one of the tribes—water is perfect!! I love blue and I have a VERY HEALTHY RESPECT for any water that would be over my head! I can’t wait to meet my other tribesmen/tribeswomen. Nan, I’m glad you are here too girlfriend. I am a grandmother and work as Office Manager for a veterinarian-I have been there for nearly 20 years. I live on 2 1/2 acres in the middle of Iowa. My closest neighbor is 1/4mile away. Lots of flowers-several cats and my beloved Chow Chows! My husband Jim shares this world with me. I know I will never be the same after going to China and Thailand with Sandra. Watching her hold her baby “Jewel” was a precious moment for me. It seems that whole day was like a whirlwind. What a great way for us to help the pandas of China. Looking forward to meeting each and every person in the tribe. Bye for now. Diana
3. Linda Wroth Says:
May 22nd, 2008 at 10:33 pm edit

Water’s great for me, too. When I think of Wolong, I think of that rushing river we crossed to enter the panda center and that we followed on that windy road. I’d hoped to go back some day, but who knows now….I’m retired, have rescued Akitas for 17 years, especially old ones, which means I rarely go anywhere. For my first trip in 17 years I went to China in 2006, about when Sandra was in Chengdu, to stay at Wolong for four days. I feel very close to that area and am anxious to hear news of it. On flickr (lmwroth) I posted some photos of a temple past the center; I’m hoping someone can tell me the name of that village. Linda

4. Phyl Says:
May 23rd, 2008 at 6:43 am edit

Well hello everyone! I adore water also, so I guess I am in the right place. I have been around the panda groups for several years now and you might know me as phyllovestai at Flickr. I have been interested in pandas since before Tai Shan was born and started watching the cams a couple of days after Mei Xiang (my favorite panda girl) gave birth to Tai. I am retired also, and live with my husband, two Ragdoll cats and my famous Shih Tzu pup, Tai Shan - mostly known as Teddy and I care for my precious Mother! I would LOVE to go to China one of these days and see Jewel, Hua Mei, Mei Sheng and all the marvelous pandas at Wolong and Chengdu and the other panda reserves! I envy Diana and Linda and Sandra! LOL

5. Sandra Miller Says:
May 23rd, 2008 at 10:17 am edit

Hello Phyl, Linda and Diana!!! This is pretty amazing how all 3 of you came into my life in different ways yet we are all quite connected!! Diana is my best friend on the planet and we have been through it ALL together!! The trip we took to Chengdu and Thailand was a dream come true and our first real long vacation together outside of dog shows.

Linda and I met shortly after we moved to Portland when we were campaiging one of our dogs. I believe it was in DelValle CA. where we met?? Steve knew Linda before I did via an online dog group. It was Linda who told me about Panda’s International in the first place and I owe her a huge thank you for opening up a whole new world to me!!!

Phyl is my newest friend of the 3 and one of the kindest most generous panda lovers I know!! OMG.. Ragdolls…I didn’t know that. We are all learning all sorts of things here. Diana has raised and shown Maine Coon cats besides her Chows.

I don’t know but I am detecting a “road trip” coming up and the destination might possibly be China!! Would it be possible to coordinate all the adoptees who wanted to go to Wolong..OMG that would be a dream! Something to mull around anyway! Welcome you guys!!!!! I’m so thrilled you are here!!!

6. Linda Wroth Says:
May 23rd, 2008 at 5:35 pm edit

Yes, I met Steve at the first CHF Parent Club Canine Genetics Conference and then met you at a local show, where I sort of traded you a French crystal Chow for your fantastic print of a Chow puppy in blossoms.And I think I may have told you about Pandas International and you told me about Pandas Unlimited (and flickr!).I definitely want to go back when the time is right. I found out the panda I’d previously adopted, Hai Zi, is not one of the missing ones. Here’s a sad video of an injured (I presume, since they said no pandas died) panda being taken out of a tree:<http://you.video.sina.com.cn/b/13743583-1381016563.html>Linda

7. Chet Says:
May 24th, 2008 at 9:04 am edit

Hi, Chet visiting from the Metal tribe. Linda, I helped take care of your Hai Zi during my volunteer trip to Wolong last September! She’d just had a baby who was about a month old at the time and they were living in that section of Wolong for expecting and new mothers.

8. Linda Wroth Says:
May 24th, 2008 at 2:17 pm edit

Hi Chet, nice to see you here! I helped take care of Hai Zi and Hua Mei when I was in Wolong in 2006 for several days. At that time, they were at the back of the center’s public property, with “paddocks” that went straight up into the hills. Hai Zi’s a fat, lazy gal like me–that’s why I adopted her! Can’t wait to get my t-shirt!

9. Chet Says:
May 24th, 2008 at 5:28 pm edit

Linda - there’s a picture of Hai Zi in this link:
http://francie.wordpress.com/2007/08/03/random-panda-pictures/

The couple who wrote that blog volunteered in Wolong a couple of months before I did in 2007 and also helped take care of Hai Zi. Small world!

10. Sandra Miller Says:
May 24th, 2008 at 7:03 pm edit

Wow Chet and Linda…this is so cool!! You guys are almost related!!! LOL!

11. Linda Wroth Says:
May 24th, 2008 at 10:56 pm edit

I heard an NPR story on young Chinese giving themselves English names. The reporter was asking the Chinese for their Chinese name and their English name. One woman’s name was “Still Deep Water” in Chinese (which I couldn’t understand). I thought it might be a nice name for the cub if anyone could figure out the name in Chinese.http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=90801420

12. Pat Pearson Says:
May 25th, 2008 at 7:52 am edit

Hello to you all! I, too, am VERY excited to be in the Water Tribe along with 3 of my very favorite friends -Nan, Diana & Sandy. I am a grandmother to 10 & work as an admin. asst. to the owners of a company in Gainesville, TX. My husband of almost 30 years lost his battle with cancer 3 years ago; so, now I share my life & home on an acre with 8 VERY sweet Chows - 4 of whom are sired by Sandy’s & Diana’s fabulous boy, Vincent who they lost in October of 2001. I’m looking forward to meeting the rest of our group…….Pat

13. Diana Says:
May 25th, 2008 at 4:52 pm edit

‘Still Deep Water’ is very pretty. I understand there were more aftershocks today-mud slides etc. I hope everything is OK at the base and Wolong. Chet & Linda-it is truely a small world. Here we all are-mutual interests from all over the country-all over the world.Pat—so glad you wrote. We are going to have so much fun!!!

14. Linda Wroth Says:
May 25th, 2008 at 5:37 pm edit

I’m so glad to hear about all of you–this is so much fun, even while we remember the tragedy. I, too, had a Chow–a little old dwarf rescue who only lived for two months, but she had a personality as big as the world. Even the Akitas respected her.

15. Linda Wroth Says:
May 25th, 2008 at 11:48 pm edit

My Chinese neighbor gave me the words for deep, clean water, the young woman’s name in the NPR story–Shui Xiao Xiao. Shui = water, like in Feng Shui; so Xiao Xiao must mean deep and clean. Is there already a panda at Wolong named Xiao Xiao?

16. Phyl Says:
May 26th, 2008 at 9:53 am edit

Hey Diana!
Another Texan - I live in Houston. Sounds like this is the “Chow” group for sure! LOL
Teddy is a Shih Tzu from a wonderful breeder here who was having immense problems in her family and could not show him and we just could not do it either, soooo he is our showdog-pet! LOL
His Dad won Best of Breed at Westminster last year and his sister is on her way to besting HIM we think - coal black Shih Tzus. Teddy is black and white and stunning and in long show coat which makes people oooh and aaah. Just HAD to brag a bit on a non-Chow! LOL
I love the name Xiao Xiao or anything to do with water…we have TWO Meis now in the US - I liked some of the names SDZ proposed for the now Zhen Zhen also and cannot remember what they were but will check it out.
Best panda hugs to the greatest tribe here;-)
Phyl

17. Sandra Miller Says:
May 27th, 2008 at 6:45 pm edit

Hey there Phyl!!! Welcome!!! I would love to see a photo of Teddy!!!! He sounds awesome!

18. Diana Says:
May 29th, 2008 at 5:18 pm edit

Hi Phyl, Looks like there are 3 Texans so far-yourself, Pat and Nan who is in Dallas. What fun. Teddy sounds awesome–I would also like to see a picture of him. Linda, I believe that your little rescue chow sort of “ruled the roost”. They have that quiet way of letting everyone know that they are the leader!!!….Later-Diana

19. Sandra Miller Says:
May 29th, 2008 at 5:50 pm edit

Lindas chow

I hope you don’t mind LInda but I just have to show off your little Chow you used to have. She was a gem!!!

IF YOU HAVE NOT YET LEFT YOUR INTRO JUST CLICK REPLY
Back to top Go down
http://graffitijewelry.com

WATER TRIBE MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS
Page 1 of 1