THE PANDARAZZI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The forum for Project Panda

GalleryHomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» NEW images of Metal and Wood tribe cubs!!
FIRE TRIBE CUB NAME..FINAL VOTE...TRIBE MEMBERS ONLY EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 8:50 am by Admin

» WOOD TRIBE CUB IMAGES,ARTICLES AND VIDEO
FIRE TRIBE CUB NAME..FINAL VOTE...TRIBE MEMBERS ONLY EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 8:19 am by Admin

» METAL TRIBE CUB IMAGES,ARTICLES AND VIDEO
FIRE TRIBE CUB NAME..FINAL VOTE...TRIBE MEMBERS ONLY EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 10:40 pm by Admin

» Glad to be here
FIRE TRIBE CUB NAME..FINAL VOTE...TRIBE MEMBERS ONLY EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 10:34 pm by Admin

» Panda Puffs Cereal!!
FIRE TRIBE CUB NAME..FINAL VOTE...TRIBE MEMBERS ONLY EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 9:01 pm by Catherine

» CONGRATULATIONS PROUD CUB PARENTS!!!
FIRE TRIBE CUB NAME..FINAL VOTE...TRIBE MEMBERS ONLY EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 5:01 pm by Lois

» DISCUSSION TODAY OF TRIBE NAMES TAKES PLACE HERE
FIRE TRIBE CUB NAME..FINAL VOTE...TRIBE MEMBERS ONLY EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 12:52 pm by Admin

» WOOD TRIBE CUB NAME .... is "Xiao Hua" or Little Flower
FIRE TRIBE CUB NAME..FINAL VOTE...TRIBE MEMBERS ONLY EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 10:22 am by Admin

» METAL TRIBE CUB NAME is...."Jin Xin" or "Heart of Gold"
FIRE TRIBE CUB NAME..FINAL VOTE...TRIBE MEMBERS ONLY EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 10:17 am by Admin

» Record breaking twins born in Chengdu
FIRE TRIBE CUB NAME..FINAL VOTE...TRIBE MEMBERS ONLY EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 11:06 am by Admin

» VOTING IS COMPLETE....READ ON
FIRE TRIBE CUB NAME..FINAL VOTE...TRIBE MEMBERS ONLY EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 10:57 am by Admin

» WATER TRIBE CUB NAME..FINAL VOTE...TRIBE MEMBERS ONLY
FIRE TRIBE CUB NAME..FINAL VOTE...TRIBE MEMBERS ONLY EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 11:25 am by Admin

» New Atlanta cub born tonite to Lun Lun..8/30/08...panda cam
FIRE TRIBE CUB NAME..FINAL VOTE...TRIBE MEMBERS ONLY EmptySat Aug 30, 2008 8:40 pm by Admin

» MANY THANKS TO SANDRA!!!!
FIRE TRIBE CUB NAME..FINAL VOTE...TRIBE MEMBERS ONLY EmptySat Aug 30, 2008 6:08 pm by Admin

» WATER TRIBE CUB IMAGES,ARTICLES AND VIDEO
FIRE TRIBE CUB NAME..FINAL VOTE...TRIBE MEMBERS ONLY EmptySat Aug 30, 2008 8:12 am by Admin

Forum
VISIT THE DAILY CHAT FORUM

FIRE TRIBE CUB NAME..FINAL VOTE...TRIBE MEMBERS ONLY

Go down 
3 posters

FIRE TRIBE MEMBERS ONLY...VOTE FOR ONE
Ao Yun -his given name "Olympic Garden"
FIRE TRIBE CUB NAME..FINAL VOTE...TRIBE MEMBERS ONLY Vote_lcap0%FIRE TRIBE CUB NAME..FINAL VOTE...TRIBE MEMBERS ONLY Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Qing Chi (Gentle Flame..loose traslation)
FIRE TRIBE CUB NAME..FINAL VOTE...TRIBE MEMBERS ONLY Vote_lcap25%FIRE TRIBE CUB NAME..FINAL VOTE...TRIBE MEMBERS ONLY Vote_rcap
 25% [ 2 ]
Yong Chi (Eternal Flame..loose trans)
FIRE TRIBE CUB NAME..FINAL VOTE...TRIBE MEMBERS ONLY Vote_lcap75%FIRE TRIBE CUB NAME..FINAL VOTE...TRIBE MEMBERS ONLY Vote_rcap
 75% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 8

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Admin
Mama Bear
Admin

FIRE TRIBE CUB NAME..FINAL VOTE...TRIBE MEMBERS ONLY Empty
PostSubject: FIRE TRIBE CUB NAME..FINAL VOTE...TRIBE MEMBERS ONLY   FIRE TRIBE CUB NAME..FINAL VOTE...TRIBE MEMBERS ONLY EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 8:27 pm

PLEASE CHECK BELOW TO FIND OUT MORE DETAILS ON EACH INDIVIDUAL CUB NAME SUGGESTION FOR THE FIRETRIBE

IT IS NOW TIME TO DO OUR FINAL VOTE FOR YOUR FIRE TRIBE PANDA CUB NAME

PLEASE FIND YOUR TRIBE POLL ABOVE AND VOTE ONLY FOR YOUR OWN TRIBE. POLLING CLOSES FOR THIS PRELIMINARY VOTE AT MIDNIGHT MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 1, 2008

SOME OF THESE NAMES ARE VERY LOOSELY TRANSLATED AND WILL NEED HELP FROM OUR RESIDENT EXPERT CHET AFTER THE VOTING IS COMPLETED ( IF SHE DOESN'T MIND ) AND ALSO CONFER WITH SUZANNE AT PI

HE HAS AN OFFICIAL CHINESE NAME GIVEN TO HIM WHICH IS "AO YUN" (OR OLYMPIC GARDEN) BUT WE WERE GIVEN PERMISSION TO GIVE HIM A NICK NAME FOR HIS EVERYDAY NAME. KEEP THIS IN MIND WHEN YOU ARE MAKING YOUR DECISION. I AM PUTTING HIS CHINESE "GIVEN" NAME ON OJR POLL AS A CHOICE TO VOTE ON FOR THIS FINAL NAME CHOICE.

--------------------------------
FIRE TRIBE....this is the boy born on the day the olympics started on August 8, 2008 which is a very auspicious day. Fire represents Expansion, Enthusiasm, and Transformation which all describe China and it's new place in the world picture.........which was launched with the Olympics in Beijing.
--------------------------------

FIRE TRIBE CUB NAME..FINAL VOTE...TRIBE MEMBERS ONLY Aoyunn10

I AM GOING TO LIST ALL SUGGESTIONS FOR THE FIRE TRIBE ON ONE POST..FEEL FREE TO COMMENT BY CLICKING ON "REPLY"

THE SUGGESTIONS WILL BE ANONYMOUS FOR THE TIME BEING
THIS IS THE FIRST I'VE LOOKED AT THE WHOLE LIST..GREAT STUFF YOU GUYS...KEEP EM COMING!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Q.1

ENTER YOUR FIRE TRIBE CUB NAME SUGGESTION HERE
flame
Q.2

If you wish, elaborate on why you chose this name
it fits our tribe and is catchy....

Q.1

Sun Burst/Solar Flare
Q.2

the biggest fire that we can see is the one in our daytime sky

Q.1

Locabu
Q.2

It does not reflect the element of Fire. But it stands for LOve CAn BUild. I thought about how everything was wiped out and destroyed and Locabu stands for LOve CAn BUild.

Q.1

Megan
Q.2

in honor of Sandra's furry soul mate

Q.1

Gentle Flame
Q.2

Trying to pick a name that represents our tribe. This name describes the warmth and peacefulness that a panda brings to me...

Q.1

Cherish
Q.2

To remind us to cherish those that are close to us because you never know when they may be gone

Q.1

hotstuff
Q.2

seemed like great name for a fuzzy panda with spirit

Q.1

Mao Mao
Q.2

In memory of Mao Mao, a mother of five who was killed in the earthquake

Q.1

YinYang
Q.2

Chinese, A Symbol of equal and opposite, a balance.

Q.1

sparky
Q.2

My daughter says it fits our element and is short and cute.

Suggestion for his hame would be "Torch Light" or Huo Ju (translated loosely..help please Chet...lol
Q.2

This cub has been named offically the day he was born but we get to choose his nickname. He was called "Olympic Garden" or "Ao Yun"

Last edited by Admin on Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:31 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://graffitijewelry.com
Karen Tracy
BEAR-LY THERE

PostSubject: Re: FIRE TRIBE CUB NAME..FINAL VOTE...TRIBE MEMBERS ONLY   FIRE TRIBE CUB NAME..FINAL VOTE...TRIBE MEMBERS ONLY EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 3:16 pm

As a member of the Fire Tribe, I just wanted to let you know what Locabu stands for. With the earthquake destroying the panda habitat, I thought that by all of us caring and giving of ourselves to make the world better for these pandas our love can build a better life for them. So, I took the words, love can build and used the first two letters from each word, hence LOCABU. Whether this name gets picked or not, I just wanted the rest of the tribe to know what it meant because it is a strange looking name. Thanks for reading.
Back to top Go down
Marius
BEAR-LY THERE

PostSubject: Re: FIRE TRIBE CUB NAME..FINAL VOTE...TRIBE MEMBERS ONLY   FIRE TRIBE CUB NAME..FINAL VOTE...TRIBE MEMBERS ONLY EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 11:03 pm

LOCABU

I liked it, means something and the poor little bear is going to have greatness thrust upon him !
Whatever we choose, it will inspire others in future generations I hope, and he has brought all of us together, that's a start !
( With a shove from Sandra ).
Back to top Go down
Admin
Mama Bear
Admin

PostSubject: Re: FIRE TRIBE CUB NAME..FINAL VOTE...TRIBE MEMBERS ONLY   FIRE TRIBE CUB NAME..FINAL VOTE...TRIBE MEMBERS ONLY EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 7:43 am

It's a very thoughtful name Karen. I do have all the explanations of all the names above this post if anyone wants to refer back to what each name meant to the contributor.

One thing we need to find out is how" Love Can Build " translates into Mandarin as the keepers will not be calling our babies by the English name. "locabu" would only be used by the adoptees most likely as there is probably no literal translation for that word

So great to see the votes coming in!!!!! I'm very excited to see what our babies names will be!!! I agree Marius that having these tiny infants bringing a group of virtual strangers together is pretty incredible. My gosh without the internet this would be next to impossible !
Back to top Go down
Admin
Mama Bear
Admin

PostSubject: Re: FIRE TRIBE CUB NAME..FINAL VOTE...TRIBE MEMBERS ONLY   FIRE TRIBE CUB NAME..FINAL VOTE...TRIBE MEMBERS ONLY EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 3:33 pm

TIME TO VOTE...FIND YOUR NEW POLL FOR THE FINAL CUB NAMING VOTE AT THE TOP OF THIS POST.

VOTING WILL STOP ON MIDNIGHT MONDAY SEPTEMBER 1, 2008
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FIRE TRIBE CUB NAME..FINAL VOTE...TRIBE MEMBERS ONLY   FIRE TRIBE CUB NAME..FINAL VOTE...TRIBE MEMBERS ONLY Empty

Back to top Go down

FIRE TRIBE CUB NAME..FINAL VOTE...TRIBE MEMBERS ONLY
Page 1 of 1